Some of you might remember my food blog. I haven’t used it for writing lately, but I did use it to look up some recipes I had forgotten … Usually all my food can be found on instagram, but it’s not as convenient as a blog. Not a lot has been happening food wise anyhow. By now I have all my staples and don’t need to look things up. There is one exception!
I’ve been working on creating “my” perfect plant-based brownie. This is now the 4th iteration and I am so pleased, I have to write it down so I don’t forget and writing it down hopefully stops me from eating all of them right now.
The consistency is perfect, especially after a day of rest in the fridge.
Here is how it works:
- Pre-heat oven to around 160-180 degree Celsius
- Take around 12 Medjool dates, covered with hot water for 10-15 minutes
- While they soak, take 4 teaspoons of almond butter, a little bit of almond milk, ~100 gram raw cacao, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 2-3 tablespoons of honey (try maple syrup if you don’t do honey) and gently heat it on the stove.
- Drain most of the water from the dates and blend them as much as possible.
- Add the chocolate mix and blend till smooth
- Add 200 gram ground almonds and blend some more
In the end you have a nice chocolate paste. DON’T eat it, though you could … that’s the most awesome thing about vegan baking … I digress …
Spread the mix onto something or inside of some form and put it in the oven!
I find they are done in around 15 minutes.