Finally I am out of my funk. Want a quick recap? It all started with brexit induced running crazies.
The Reality Check
I think it all came together quite well, pardon my sarcasm and let me give you a quick recap on what I do not want to keep doing:
- go run like crazy on pavement, just because the tide is in … that is what grass is for
- go run fast if rain forces me to take off my glasses, my feet won’t know where to place and how to adjust if I can’t see – slow down if it’s raining or suck it up and use the track … that’s what the track is for
- go run north for up to 2 hours on pavement … that’s what the trails in the south are for
- go run north along the sea side – after a huge stair climb it’s all downhill … ALL DOWNHILL … that’s what the other side of the hill is for …
- underestimate the light muscle soreness on the day after running downhill for 2 hours …
- walk up the stairs in the house 48 hours after the downhill running
- google the Internet to find comforting reasons why DOMS are good …
Now that I got this out of my system and hopefully committed to long-term memory, let’s get back to taking photos of things found on a run!
Today The Bird let me get as close as never before. I think he (or she?) is getting used to me!
… and The Ship was out there catching fish – I just love this picture, can you spot the birds that are surrounding the ship? They just love hanging around there and get an easy breakfast.
So to do a recap of the current photo-on-the-run-themes:
- The Shopping Cart aka Trolley
- The Bike
- The Chimney
- The Bird
- The Ship
I think I’ll need to create a page where we can collect all entries! I know Will is working on a bike shot right now, so keep posting them and I’ll link it up over the weekend!