A little better

Today I set Spotify to run me at a 165 cadence – I managed 155! Tiny improvements are there. I think I’ll stick with a goal of 160 steps/minute and then increase by 5.

Weather was quite pleasant. Drizzle and not too cold. I went up and down the beach and tried to figure out how they could have possibly connected The Cave to The Chimney.

Saturday is my long run day and I get to enjoy 2 hours plus warm-up walking. My recent “hidden cave” discovery lead me to do some research and find out it might have been connected to The Chimney. 2 hours gets me quite a bit of distance and so I might actually make it to The Chimney tomorrow!

So where is it and what can we expect? I found out the area was also called “Death Valley”, because of lead poisoning! Now in contrast to the real Death Valley, I expect the temperatures to be quite tolerable and the are to be beautifully green.

I dug a bit around and found this treasure map:

death_valley

Picture from http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie

This does look like a fabulous adventure and so tomorrow I shall go and avoid “The Tomb” or “The Scalp” and focus on finding “The Chimney”.

22 Comments

1. I have a strong feeling your blog will one day become a storehouse of exciting stories and called as “The Adventures of the Slow Running Girl” πŸ˜€

2. I absolutely love maps! I think you should visit the Site of Rath too! Clearly they just missed a W off! Plus a ski slope, hill training! Good luck and be safe!

3. I wish I could come with you, this sounds like great fun, running and an adventure combined, cant wait to hear about it πŸ™‚ enjoy….and stay safe xo

4. wow every day I look forward to see what you’re up to and I’m making my way through your older entries. I echo the sentiments from everyone else before me and look forward to reading how it turns out πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

5. That is super cool that you found a map! I’m excited to see where it takes you and I hope you are able to find the chimney! Another thing I like is that you make your runs super fun! Always an adventure! πŸ˜€

6. I love the way you look on the bright side with your running! You say the weather is good but then say you are spending two hours in drizzle! Your fortitude in the face of running outside astounds me. I might go running on a perfect day but otherwise I stick to the dry air conditioned comfort of the gym. Thanks for following my blog.

1. Thanks πŸ™‚ I couldn’t get myself to go to the gym, I choose the comfort of the outside lol. Good that we all are different!

I followed before but it forgot the setting!